Playing smarter is also about keeping your play in check. Knowing when to quit. Remaining boss of your budget. Embracing losses with a shrug. In short, by keeping your smile.
You know what we mean. And if you’re someone that really knows, pick the smartest play. Seek help. Clicking on the logos here is a great first step.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to lower your limit you will need to visit the Cashier and under the “Deposit” tab click on the “Set Deposit Limit” link, enter daily, weekly and monthly limit and press “Submit” to confirm.
If you want to increase your deposit limit simply contact Customer Support and request a new higher limit. You can do this only once within any 24 hour period.
Keep it fun
- Playing at an online casino is primarily entertainment. Despite the fact that you can win money from it, you should never think of it as a substitute for a job. Think of it as a visit to amusement park or football match.
- Play only with money you can afford to miss. That way, winning is a bonus and you can’t lose more than you can afford.
- Don’t gamble when you are not happy. Gambling does not solve problems.
Stay in control
- Make sure you do other things too. Even though gambling is exciting and fun, there are also many other fun things to do. So don’t play every day.
- Don’t try to win back your losses. The moment you start trying to win back your losses you lose control. Always keep control of your playing behaviour.
- Play at a trusted casino. Constantly chasing a new casino’s bonus can quickly lead to losing control and more importantly; your trusted casino knows you and can therefore take your playing behaviour into account.
Take a break
- Take a break every now and then. Playing without breaks is dangerous and makes you less sharp. If you take a break every now and then, you will see that you make better decisions.
- Know your limits and stick to them. If you feel your limits are coming into view take a break.
Seek help and support
Do you have any questions following the above information or want to know more? Mr Gamble then ask you to take a look at one of these sites:
Tel: 020 7801 7000
Gamblers Anonymous https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk Counselling Services http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/gambling.html Gordon House Association https://www.gamblingtherapy.org
Cumbria Alcohol and Drug Advisory Service (CADAS) http://cadas.co.uk/ North East Council on Addiction (NECA) http://neca.co.uk Options – Southampton Web: http://www.optionscounselling.co.uk/ RCA Trust Email: http://www.rcatrust.org.uk
Users can self exclude by contacting our customer support team. More information on self exclusion can be found in our Responsible Gaming section.
You can set a daily deposit limit by contacting our customer support team, They will be happy to set a limit for you.
- Tip 1: Always set your budget before you start playing a slot machine and do not adjust that amount while you are playing. After all, that is never a good sign because it usually means you want to make up for your losses. So what exactly does setting your budget mean? Simple. See how much money you can lose without getting into trouble and, for example, not being able to pay for your groceries afterwards. It is also wise to divide your budget so that you build in some rest between games and don’t lose yourself and your total budget in one round of play.
- Tip 2: If you have won, resist the temptation to continue gambling with your winnings. Stick to the budget and cherish your winnings.
- Tip 3: Are you playing on a limited budget? Then choose slot machine or fruit machine with 3 or 4 reels, on which you win smaller amounts but have more chances to win something.
- Tip 4: Always choose slots with the highest payout percentages! This is the theoretical chance of winning something. In short, the higher the better of course. In fact, this percentage is set at the time the slot machine is built and basically varies between 70% and 98%.
- Tip 5: Do you have enough budget and dare to take a little risk? Then try playing with a maximum bet of the maximum number of coins on a maximum number of paylines. This will give you a chance to win the highest jackpot if you grab a winning combination!
- Tip 6: Keep in mind that modern slot machines not only feature fantastic graphics and sound effects, multiple paylines, extra bonus games and symbols, but also the Random Number Generator. This ensures that every slot machine is reliable and fair, as the outcome after each spin is completely random and the chances of winning or losing are always the same. But of course, in theory, this can mean that the time between winning spins is very long, meaning you might just find yourself playing an entire evening without winning anything. In short, where people used to say on slot machines: ‘There’s so much money in there now, it’s going to pay out soon!’, this no longer holds true with these modern slots, of course.
- Tip 7: Do you play in a regular casino – i.e. not online? Then use your Loyalty Card or Club Card to play on slots. A common myth is that players who do not play with coins but with a card are paid less or have fewer chances. Not only is this untrue, you also miss out on all kinds of promotions and compensation from the casino!
- Tip 8:At last perhaps the most important tip of all. Never forget that slots and slot machines are pure games of chance, to which no pattern or prediction can be attached. Every outcome during the game is completely independent of previous outcomes. Even if you’re winning all night, never forget that your luck may have just disappeared a round later. And finally, remember that money is not there to gamble with in the first place, so handle it responsibly at every moment. Whether you lose or win.
Gambling gives players a thrill and a sense of excitement. This means it can easily progress from occasional gambling to compulsive need to gamble. People with a long history of responsible behaviour can also be vulnerable to developing a serious gambling problem.
Financial problems are a common consequence of gambling addiction. However, relationship problems, legal problems, job loss, mental health problems and spending too much time online are also common.
But relationship problems, legal problems, job loss, mental health problems and spending too much time online are also common.
With online gambling, the risk of gambling addiction is a lot higher due to things like:
- Anonymity making it easier to hide gambling habits.
- Faster payouts and more chances to win, leading to instant gratification.
- Using your mobile to gamble anywhere, anytime.
- Fast games such as slot games where wins are more frequent.
- More chances to win big jackpots.
Gambling licence holders do their best to create a safe gaming environment and want gambling to remain fun for all players above all else. That is why there are tools, such as deposit limits, time limits and product blockers, to complement addiction prevention policies.
If you or someone is or you know someone with gambling addiction symptoms, you should exclude yourself from all gambling activities. This can be done, for example, via GAMSTOP.
Maybe you’ve heard of GAMSTOP before. GAMSTOP helps you control your online gambling.
GAMSTOP is a free service for users. GAMSTOP is available to anyone resident within the United Kingdom (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) only and was founded specifically to monitor and help players who have or are at risk of having gambling problems.
You can register yourself as a player here. But it is also possible for a casino to notice problematic gaming behaviour among players and then issue a registration.
GAMSTOP targets both problem gambling and to treat gambling problems. A player who exhibited risky behaviour in the past can register himself as a precautionary measure to get ahead of potential problems.
If a player is registered as a problem gambler by the casino itself, this is primarily to ensure that things do not get further out of hand. Incidentally, the casino is not obliged to offer help at that point. The ultimate responsibility still lies with the player.
The big advantage of GAMSTOP is that it is one central register. So for people with gambling problems, it is no longer possible to start with a ‘clean slate’ at a different casino each time. You can find more information about GAMSTOP in on their website.